Monday, October 8, 2012

EVENT #2: RACE AGAINST RACISM




I am so happy that I volunteer on Oct 7,2012 RACE AGAINST RACISM. I was an honor and a pleasure to assist at such an event. The race started at nine am at Woonsocket World War II memorial Park, but I had to get there at eight am to meet with Jamel Lee (the intern from Rhode Island College). I contacted Jamel because he is working for the Lady who organised the race this year. When I got there, they were a lot of people registering already to race. 
(At the right Jamel in a blue hat and underneath the starting spot of the race.)  
                                                                                                                                                             
I was please to see so many people; not only black, but many whites, some Asian, Spanish, old, young, kids, one baby in his stroller while the father was pushing it and so much more.       This event represent so much for many people, RACISM still exist and it is a feminist issue. As I study in the Women study class, it is a fight for toleranceacceptation, and equality for all. This race is the definition of freedom and recognition that some people care and are tired of it too. As the suffragist did so long ago, this race is another way for protesting against RACISM and what it stand for.               
In that race I saw CEO and vise president of companies running nest to high school kids and people sheering along the way. It was also breaking the barrier of Social status; no rich, no poor...just people running for a common goals: "STOPPING THIS INJUSTICE AGAINST RACES." It is not fair to stay quiet when against any injustice. 
                                        (My spot: to help runner



                  (Second runner passing me by)


                 (the first group coming)




                 (another group)


                   (rids and friends)


 (the mom, dad, and the baby in the stroller. The lady and her two boys where there to cheer the runner. The love in the house               
                          in that corner)



 (those 2 groups were the loudest one: they were having so much fun)


                (the finish and refreshing spot)



                (security first of cause !!!!)


                                      







2 comments:

  1. this sounds like an awesome experience and i wish i would have been able to help out and run myself! i would be very proud to say that i helped out so i hope you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am :) And I will try to run next year. I hope you would make it.

    ReplyDelete